Seasonal foods, fruits, nuts, roasted vegetables, oils, seeds, whole grains, legumes, and non-meat-based proteins are all part of a sattvic diet. Sattvic is a Sanskrit word meaning ‘essentially pure’ and is the purest diet for spiritually and health conscious people. This shows that anyone seeking a peaceful, meditative and peaceful existence will benefit from following a sattvic diet.
Based on modern literature, the sattvic diet is sometimes called a yoga diet. The food in the sattvic diet is fresh, nutritious, juicy and delicious. As much as possible, they grow naturally and smoothly. It is also worth noting that sattvic cuisine contains many useful foods, such as tomatoes, red amaranth and milk. Sattvic foods are similar to vegetarian diets in that they prohibit the consumption of foods of animal origin.
List of Sattvic diets
Before attempting to follow this dietary pattern, it is essential to understand which items are allowed to be swallowed and which should be avoided.
Pulses like Moong stand out, lentils, yellow peas and soy.
Fruits: Oranges, lemons, sweet lemons, grapes, apples, bananas, berries, apricots, dates, mangoes, peaches belong to the sattvic category.
Vegetables: All vegetables belong to this category. Bad onions and garlic are excluded as they are of a racial nature. In their natural state, mushrooms and potatoes are tamas. Combining the above vegetables with other foods or spices can cancel out their negative effects.
Milk: Milk is the best sattvic product, so all milk and dairy products like butter, ghee, cottage cheese, paneer are also poor.
Nuts, seeds and oils: All seeds that are not ripe or salty are included in the sattvic diet.
Sweetener: Honey is known as a natural sweetener that helps build immunity as well.
Spices: Spices such as pepper, jeera, dhania, ginger and turmeric, which are widely found in our kitchens, improve digestion, have antibacterial qualities and contain a variety of other ingredients that promote health.
Benefits of the Sattvic Diet
The Sattvic diet should not be followed only by yoga practitioners or spiritual people. The Sattvic diet is crucial for achieving physical and mental balance. Here are some of the benefits of a Sattvic diet:
1. Strengthens the immune system and acts as an immune booster: The Sattvic diet is extremely nutritious, with raw vegetables and fruits in the form of salads occupying 40 percent of the diet.
2. Helps in weight loss: If we consume lean meals every day, such as a fresh salad prepared from fresh vegetables and fruits, lentils and cabbage can help us lose weight. Sattvic cuisine is rich in fiber, which helps reduce calories.
3. Maintain body and mind balance: People who practice yoga and exercise are big fans of the sattvic diet. The sattvic diet is rich in nutrients that keep the body and mind in harmony.
4. Improves digestion: A sattvic diet consists only of consuming fresh foods. Raw vegetables, cabbage, nuts, and fruits should make up 40 percent of our daily meals. Because fiber-rich foods help digestion, this is beneficial. This helps in the complete absorption of nutrients and promotes digestion.
5. Stay away from chronic diseases: A low-fat, low-fiber diet reduces the risk of chronic diseases including diabetes, cancer, hypertension and heart disease, as well as helping fight coronavirus.
Foods to stay away from
While a person on a diet can eat plant-based foods, it is important to remember that certain items should be avoided in order to get the benefits of the plan. Below are some meals to stay away from:
Meat, poultry and fish are all options.
Caffeine and alcohol are both stimulants.
Fried, hot or overcooked foods.
Sugar that has been added.
Garlic with onions.
We have seen all the advantages of following a Satvic diet. Although it is impossible to follow this diet completely in this day and age, we can gradually incorporate it into our normal diet. I am confident that once you see the results, you will continue to follow them on a regular basis. So instead of going to the doctor, take advantage of ready-made resources to improve your health.